From: boger <boger@×××.ru>
To: morgan allen <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] RE: port knocking
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:37:39
Hello morgan,

Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 12:12:53 AM, you wrote:

ma> Here is a method I use to frustrate people trying to
ma> nab my wifi connection using iptables (wireless router
->> linux router -> dsl -> net). The wireless router in
ma> setup with a basic NAT for my desktops and wireless
ma> but the wireless comes in on its own nic. with
ma> prerouting set to drop, I have
ma> [1:56] -A PREROUTING -m ttl --ttl-eq 202 -j ACCEPT

echo 204 >> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl
ma> on my laptop init

Correct me if I wrong, but it works only from lan, because ttl decreases when routed.
Also it needs root or special user to change /proc/sys/...

Best regards,
 boger                            mailto:boger@×××.ru