From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Ben Cressey <ben@×××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] courier-imap
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:48:24
1 On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 22:27, Ben Cressey wrote:
2 > Is there some reason a GLSA was not issued about this vulnerability? I've
3 > been vulnerable for two weeks now without realizing it, and who knows how
4 > much longer it will be until the patch is made available.
5
6 Yeah.. We don't provide a vulnerability announcement/assessment service.
7 We provide updates when they exist. If you would like a vulnerability
8 announcement service then you should pay. Or simply track the
9 security@g.o via bugzilla as most us do.
12 > It seems I missed the post to Bugtraq since it was issued as a Courier
13 > vulnerability, and I didn't read carefully enough to discover that Courier
14 > IMAP was also affected. Certainly this is my own fault, but I am just
15 > astonished that without Francisco's post I might have overlooked this
16 > serious problem altogether.
17 >
18 > Ben
22 > ----- Original Message -----
23 > From: "Francisco Andrades" <fandrades@×××××.com>
24 > To: <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
25 > Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:25 PM
26 > Subject: [gentoo-security] courier-imap
29 > WARNING: Unsanitized content follows.
72 >
73 > --
74 > gentoo-security@g.o mailing list
78 > --