From: Jeff <jmg_071769@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] AMD64 + Hard Drive weirdness...
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:36:53
1 My apologies. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep. Moving over to
2 gentoo-user.
3
4 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
5 > Jeff wrote:
6 >
7 >> Hey all.
8 >>
9 >> Gentoo Linux AMD64 - running pretty sweet - except, I've noticed that
10 >> even under minimal loads, my system seems to have mini-lockups
11 >> frequently. For instance, when downloading a mere 10 emails, my system
12 >> seems to choke - to the point where I can't even move my mouse for a
13 >> good 10 seconds or so. Opening a gnome-terminal is painful - sometimes,
14 >> apps make the desktop freeze for a good 20-30 seconds. I did a large
15 >> emerge last night using the gnome-terminal, and it rendered my Gnome
16 >> desktop almost completely frozen.
19 > What does this have to do with security? Please take this question to
20 > the gentoo-user mailing list.
24 Jabba the Hutt:
25 This bounty hunter is my kind of scum: fearless and
26 inventive.
29 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list