From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Cc: Venkat Manakkal <venkat@××××××××××.com>, web-apps@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] mod_php and the hardenedphp USE flag
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:59:34
1 this is an issue for webapps, not security ...
2 i've cc-ed the webapp guys (really stuart iirc) and they should be able to
3 help you :)
4 -mie
5
6 On Saturday 10 July 2004 03:01 pm, Venkat Manakkal wrote:
7 > I just installed a new apache2 web server and I though I would try the
8 > hardenedphp USE flag for mod_php. The module compiles and installs, but php
9 > files are not being parsed (OSCommerce and Squirrelmail).
10 >
11 > Other files are being served just fine and -D PHP4 is correctly being
12 > invoked and Hardened-PHP/4.3.7 shows in the server signature.
13 >
14 > Google was not very helpful and a forum search turned up this:
15 >
16 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=194283&highlight=hardenedphp
17 >
18 > Where the solution to the problem was turning off hardenedphp.
19 >
20 > Can someone point to documentation or shed some light on using hardened
21 > PHP?
22 >
23 > Best regards,
24 >