From: "i.t" <gentoo@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] crypto problem mount loop0
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:37:06
1 hi,
2
3 for months I've been successfully working with cryptoloop on a cryptfile with
4 a gento 2.4.22-gss kernel;
5 some days ago I've updated the baselayout for the system and lateron I
6 couldn't start losetup anymore.
7 I've recompiled the kernel,
8 installed gentoo kernel 2.6.3,
9 and for comparison on a fedora partition loop-AES-v2.0f.
10 rm -f -r test-file[1234] test-dir1
11 *** Test results ok ***
12
13 So far I get the following results with gentoo kernel2.6.3 and patched fedora
14 (2.4.22):
15
16 losetup -e AES /dev/loop0 crfile
17 Passwort:
18 [ok]
19 mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/loop/
20 mount: you must give the filesystem (Sie muessen den Dateisystemtyp angeben)
21
22 I'm pretty sure the filesystem was ext3 for the crfile (ok - meanwhile I know
23 ext2 is better),
24 but when I try:
25
26 mount -t ext3 /dev/loop0 /mnt/loop/
27 mount:
28 (Falscher Dateisystemtyp, ungÃŒltige Optionen, der
29 »Superblock« von /dev/loop0 ist beschÀdigt oder es sind
30 zu viele Dateisysteme eingehÀngt)
31 wrong filesystem, invalid options, or superblock is damaged...
32
33 this goes for every filesystem type what is supported.
34 With gentoo 2.4.22-gss #4 SMP I get these results:
35
36 losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 DorAES
37 Password:
38 ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument
39
40 I'm a bit desperated after all the time and work. What may have happenend?
41 Has anybody any idea? Can there be a change in the offset size with losetup?
42 Any help really appreciated
43
44 thanks
45 --