From: Michael W Spitzer <mwspitzer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Strange occurrence of sendmail and disk I/O in background....
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:40:53
1 On Feb 19, 2008 6:14 AM, Javier Barrio <coder@×××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > > I found vulnerabilities associated with a lower version of
4 > > sendmail but none with the version I've installed right now.
5 > >
6 > > Any suggestions, ideas, or explanations are welcomed.
7 >
8 > It seems you could be owned by someone,
9
10 I'd agree. But, the only way to be sure you're no longer compromised
11 is to re-load the machine from scratch. Running chkrootkit and all of
12 those tools might find something, but you can't be sure you've found
13 everything that's been changed.
14
15 Mike
16 --