From: Chris Wensink <chris.wensink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Weird Network and Portage Digest Issues
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 05:23:43
1 This may seem like a simple solution, but try changing the mirror.
2 Find a file that generates the errors, try emerging it, then unemerge
3 it, and change your mirror, and re-emerge it. That way you can at
4 least tell of the problem is related to a local setting or the mirror
5 your working with. Because it's happening at work and at home, the
6 problem seems to be nothing related to your systems.
7
8 Does anyone know of some sort of md5 checksum package / procedure to
9 verify the integrity of a package download and test it, before
10 configuring, compiling and installing it? Maybe this is the next
11 thing a talented programmer needs to build to prevent problems like
12 this in the future.
13
14 Chris
15