From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] System knockout :-(
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:38:09
1 On Sunday 04 April 2004 18:11, Tobias Weisserth wrote:
2 >
3 > That's why I wrote a *good* Tripwire setup :-)
4 >
5 > How should a root kit fool my Tripwire setup if the necessary binaries
6 > and the database are on a mounted CD? :-) This is *extremely* unlikely
7 > and probably demands a *very* difficult attack approach.
8 >
9 > I'm doing the same with chkrootkit. Write protected media can't be
10 > fooled :-)
11
12 Given that you actually boot from that write protected medium, and that you
13 can trust your bios.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze