From: Marco Wesselgren <marco.wesselgren@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Updating Snort Rules
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 14:40:04
1 On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 16:17, Ryan wrote:
2 > I just recently installed snort on a machine to watch my network. I see
3 > that there are several scripts out there that support automatic updating
4 > of the snort ruleset to keep it current. Could anyone recommend a program
5 > for doing that or comment on their experience with them? I'd just like to
6 > have some means of automatically downloading new rules and installing
7 > them. Also, is there an "emerge snortrules" or some similar ebuild that
8 > I've missed?
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > Ryan
14 If you know where to get the new rules it shouldn't be to hard to write
15 a script of your own running as a cron job, using curl or wget as the
16 program fetching the new rules.
22 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list