From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Running untrusted software
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:34:18
On Wednesday 18 January 2006 08:58 am, Douglas Breault Jr wrote:
> I am being forced to run software on my computer that I do not > inherently trust. It is supposed to collect a few pieces of information, > mainly my mac addresses and use the network. It is a one-time use CSA > (client security agent). It uses a csh script to unpack a "proprietary > binary" that we cannot see the source. There is no assurance it doesn't > collect other information or change anything on my computer.
I forgot to mention: * dev-util/fenris Latest version available: 0.07m-r2 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ] Size of downloaded files: 1,058 kB Homepage: Description: Fenris is a tracer, GUI debugger, analyzer, partial decompiler and much more License: GPL-2 HTH, Robert Larson -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list