From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Regeneration of gpg keys after HeartBleed
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 19:22:10
1 On 04/09/14 12:01, Luis Ressel wrote:
2 > On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 18:39:41 +0200
3 > Jo <saos@××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm a bit concerned about the signing keys of the portage tree
6 >> releases, I know that gpg is not the same as openssl but keeping in
7 >> mind that SSH, VPN, HTTPS keys might be compromised for two years,
8 >> don't you think it's a healthy measure to generate a new pair of keys?
9 >
10 > SSL certifcates and credentials transmitted via SSL on affected servers
11 > should be renewed, but other than that, there's not that much to worry
12 > about as some people think.
13
14 It's worth a trip to http://blog.erratasec.com/2014/04/why-heartbleed-doesnt-leak-private-key.html
15
16 It's not impossible that ssl keys could be compromised, but in most cases it shouldn't happen.
17
18 Chris