From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] .com attachment attack?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:40:26
1 Spam detection software, running on the system "mailcluster2", has
2 identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
3 has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
4 similar future email. If you have any questions, see
5 the administrator of that system for details.
6
7 Content preview: Hi. I seem to be the victim of an attack to get me of
8 mailing lists. Here is the message I've been getting with the contents
9 of the file ______-ed out. So my server doesn't allow .com attachements
10 and this attacker somehow manages to make the mailing list manager
11 think messages sent to me are bouncing. Am I right? [...]
12
13 Content analysis details: (12.0 points, 5.0 required)
14
15 pts rule name description
17 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
18 3.0 VIRUS_WARNING13 BODY: Looks like unhelpful Exim system_filter 'virus warning' (13)
19 3.0 VIRUS_WARNING14 BODY: Looks like Exim system_filter 'virus warning' (14)
20 6.0 VIRUS_WARNING_EXIM Unhelpful Exim system_filter 'virus warning'