From: Eric Thibodeau <kyron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Opteron; BIOS ack's all 4GB RAM, but OS does not
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:28:49
1 Hi Chrisitian,
2
3 You might want to take a look at the Linux kernel amilling list. One of my
4 friends had issues with his dual Xeon and 4Gigs of RAM. In his case, Windows
5 would claim to see the 4Gigs but would actually crassh when he actually came
6 to use more than 3...sounds fammiliar?
7
8 In Linux, he'd get a kernel panic on boot (2.6.x kernels)...after over 6
9 months of poking at forums and the LKML, his bug was officially received as
10 valid from the kernel gurus and eventually fixed....
11
12 hope this helps a little in your investigation...
13