From: Eli Ben-Shoshan <linkages@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SCSI Software RAID and LVM
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:36:42
1 Very possible. You will want to setup a software RAID (probably RAID 1 I
2 assume) from the CD. Since a software RAID device can't be partitioned
3 you can make the whole thing a PV and go from there. You will need to
4 create a ramdisk to start the software raid devices and initialize the
5 lvm. There is infomation on how to do this in the RAID Howto and the LVM
6 Howto at www.tldp.org.
7
8 Andrius wrote:
9 > Hello,
10 >
11 > I got dell poweredge server today and what i want to do is to install
12 > gentoo with LVM and software raid. drives are scsi. is it possible? if
13 > so, i will start searching for info how to do it, but just quickly want
14 > to know if it is possible. Thanks.
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 > Andrius