From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] BOOTP and DHCP on the same network
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:30:25
1 I'm playing around with thin clients and I need to setup a BOOTP server. There
2 is already a DHCP server (ISP router) in the network that I have little control
3 over. I want to continue using the router as the DHCP server as my test server
4 won't be up all the time.
5
6 It looks like my only choices (if I want to be lazy and stick with what's in the
7 portage tree) are net-misc/dhcp and net-misc/netkit-bootpd. I'd like to use
8 dhcpd, but I can't figure out how to get it to only respond to BOOTP requests
9 and ignore DHCP requests so that they get answered only by the router.
10
11 Alternatively, can someone recommend a good guide for setting up bootparamd? The
12 man page royally sucks. Thanks.
15 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
16 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list