From: Jason Qualkenbush <jason.qualkenbush@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Spamassassin + RBL
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:25:12
1 I'm having some trouble getting spamassassin to use RBL's. I went to
2 the Wiki site, and here is my question:
3
4 Q: The dns-blocklists just don't appear to be used. What is going wrong?
5
6 A: First, make sure Net::DNS for perl is installed. Without this the
7 blocklists will not be used.
8
9 - No problem. This happens to be in portage so it's a simple emerge.
10
11 A: Second, do some tests with Net::DNS to make sure it is resolving
12 names (see the Net::DNS site for examples). A common mistake for client
13 machines (such as Mandrake 9.2) is to have 127.0.0.1 in the
14 </etc/resolv.conf> file -- Net::DNS does not check multiple nameservers
15 it appears, so you need to comment this line out for Net::DNS to work.
16 (Anybody with a better solution, other than running a local nameserver?)
17
18 - I looked at the site and it says there are tests in the tarball. Are
19 there any that came in the Gentoo package? Where do I find them? Is
20 the setup for this mentioned in a Gentoo guide at all?
21
22 All the documentation on it seems pretty general. "Just enable it in
23 local.cf", but I'm not getting the checks. I -had- this working on
24 Postfix before (which did a great job) but I don't want to outright
25 reject spam, just tag it.
26
27 Anyway, I keep watching my log files and I never see anything with
28 RCVD_IN_ANYTHING.
31 Jason Qualkenbush