From: Alex Efros <powerman@×××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] other *libc
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:21:02
1 Hi!
2
3 Is it has sense to switch from glibc to dietlibc or uClibc or maybe other?
4
5 How this can be done in Gentoo?
6
7 Is it possible to have system without glibc at all or I must have glibc
8 together with dietlibc (for example) and have some software compiled
9 with glibc and some with dietlibc?
10
11 How using other *libc will affect server performance (this is most important
12 question here)?
13
14 Any problems because of not using glibc?
15
16 Is anybody has real server based on non-glibc?
19 P.S. I wanna use this on usual servers with apache/mysql/perl websites
20 and same on developer machines with Xorg in addition to apache/mysql/perl.
23 WBR, Alex.
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list