From: comsatcat <comsatcat@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] 1000Mbps NIC Getting 100Mbps speeds
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:10:58
1 > The problem is that I get speeds just as if it were a 100Mbps link,
2 > starting at about 9MB/s then dropping to about 8.
3 >
4 First off what were you using to test throughput? If it was scp you
5 most likely won't get more then 12MB/s. I'd suggest a simple vsftp
6 +ncftp combination, I've always been able to push 60MB/s+ with those.
7 Have you verified the other end was up at gig speeds when testing
8 throughput? Did you verify ON the witch that the port is capable of gig
9 speeds, and that the link is up at gig speeds (this also applies for the
10 host you were testing the transmission to). Have you tried a throughput
11 test on your local machine (from -> to the ip of the gig nic).
14 Thanks,
15 Ben
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list