From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Emerging for servers
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:56:42
1 Hi!
2
3 On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 07:32:31AM -0500, Spahn, Daniel wrote:
4 > Is there an app or script that I can use to emerge up to the point of
5 > compiling, without installing or completing the merge, track the
6 > packages that were compiled, and run a batch install of the compiled
7 > packages, collecting the package-specific notices? If not, can someone
8 > point me to a good scripting resource? I don't know a lot of shell
9 > scripting yet, so I need a basic and intermediate tutorial... Thanks!
10
11 step1: emerge -B pkg1 pkg2 pkg3
12 step2: emerge -K pkg1 pkg2 pkg3
13
14 But there problem with this: if pkg2 DEPEND on pkg1, then it either will
15 not compile at all (without installing pkg1 first), or, worse, it will
16 compile using older, currently installed version of pkg1, and after
17 installing at step2 pkg2 become broken (because pkg1 was replaced by newer
18 version without recompiling pkg2).
21 WBR, Alex.