From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] lots of: named FORMERR resolving 'DOMAIN.COM/A/IN'
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 21:16:30
1 Sorry, it wasn't directed at you in particular. I use bind as well for
2 some services.
3
4 On 9/7/07, Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o> wrote:
5 > On Friday 07 September 2007 01:17:29 Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
6 > > Sorry this is unsolicited, but--
7 > >
8 > > If anyone is looking for a solid, secure alternative to bind, check
9 > > out nsd. It aims to be equivalent to bind on the wire, and reads bind
10 > > zone files. There's an ebuild in bug 128246. I've been pretty happy
11 > > with it for the last 6 months or so.
12 > >
13 > > http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/
14 > >
15 > > If we can get some more people using it, maybe it'll finally be
16 > > accepted into portage.
17 > >
18 > > Cheers,
19 > > Peter
20 >
21 > you should probabely make a slashdot announcement, as this is by far not
22 > helpfull, however.
23 >
24 > when i ask for a solution on annoying log entries, you can't cant recomment me
25 > to use a different software - this is ridiculous.
26 >
27 > Best regards,
28 > Christian parpart.
32 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list