From: peter.gantner@×××××××××××××.at
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] linux-headers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:38:57
1 Quoth Yeri Tiete, on Monday, the 28th of March:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Is this normal?
6 > The headers are for a 2.6.8 kernel and the latest version installed is 2.4.22 ?
7
8 Hmm looking at this I found they moved what was sys-kernel/linux26-headers
9 to the normal sys-kernel/linux-headers.
10
11 So what you are seeing is "normal in the sense that it is normal portage
12 behaviour to show them as an upgrade option as they are not masked.
13
14 This seems to be related to the release of 2005.0 today
15
16 I also read on this thread:
17 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-315150.html that there is a separate
18 profile for 2.4 users under 2005.0 profile (don't know if you use this
19 profile though).
20
21 Anyway, just put sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6* on your
22 /etc/portage/package.mask and portage shouldn't bug you again.
23
24 HTH,
25 Peter
28 "I do not think the way you think I think."
29 -- Kai, last of the Brunnen G
30 --
31 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list