From: Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] RAID
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:49:12
1 I don't know why every one keeps making reiserfs craks could you please
2 explain?
3
4 I run a mail server pop smtp with mysql backend and apache php web
5 interface that handles 1000ds of mailboxes
6 Also 2 webservers with 100ds of websites
7 All on reiserfs and the only time I had data loss problems was when I
8 used LVM2 snapshots to do backups of certain partitions
9
10 Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't noticed any data loss since sorting out my
11 backup scripts
12
13 -----Original Message-----
14 From: Andrew Gaffney [mailto:agaffney@g.o]
15 Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:45 PM
16 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
17 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] RAID
18
19 Marc wrote:
20 > The best part for simplicity is the RAID functionality is completely
21 > transparent to the server. It's running ReiserFS just like it were on
22 a
23 > single drive, and could do the same with any file system. It just
24 sees
25 > it as one device.
26
27 ReiserFS...eating your data 6 drives at a time ;)
30 Andrew Gaffney
31 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
32 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer
33 Project