From: Brian Kroth <bpkroth@×××××.com>
To: Tanner Danzey <arkaniad@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] MySQL Backup
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:26:50
1 I use this for some very large data sets as well. The trouble is that
2 to do it right you have to lock the tables while it's running, so I
3 actually run it off replication slaves instead. One of the nice things
4 of doing things this way is that you can use perl or your other favorite
5 text processing tool to parse out individual databases, tables, views,
6 etc. That's important in a hosting environment and usually more
7 difficult/costly with raw file backups.
8
9 Brian
10
11 Tanner Danzey <arkaniad@×××××.com> 2012-04-15 13:10:
12 > I usr MySQL's "mysqldump" and a daily cron task that zips it up and sends
13 > it to my NFS backup drive in dated folders. It works just fine for my
14 > minute data set.
15 >