From: Anthony Dodson <ADodson@×××××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-server@l.g.o'" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Dell 1655mc
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:40:55
1 This guy had some luck and details his efforts...
2
3 http://dev.gentoo.org/~spider/gentoo.dell.blade.txt
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Eric G Ortego [mailto:eric@×××××××××.org]
8 Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 5:39 PM
9 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
10 Subject: [gentoo-server] Dell 1655mc
13 Has anyone any information on installing gentoo on a Dell Poweredge 1655mc?
14
15 My problem is that these servers don't have ide or scsi floppy or cdrom
16 drives.
17
18 It has just one usb 1.0 plug which I *can* boot the live cd from, but
19 *all* the cd's(knoppix too) fail to find the cdrom device when It comes
20 time.
21 I've tryed PXE booting to start the install but I only have a redhat
22 server to work from and for me thats like pulling my own teeth with a
23 claw hammer.
24
25 Someone mentioned having to pass arguments to the kernel at boot , I
26 have tryed nohotplug , hdc=ide-scsi , hdc=/dev/scd0 , and several others
27 without success.
28
29 HELP I really really need to be redhat ridden, I suck at rpm's and
30 don't care to waste the rest of my week learning them enough to remove
31 RH to install gentoo.
34 Eric
35
36 IMPORTANT WARNING:
37 This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed
38 and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the
39 disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. Dissemination,
40 distribution or copying of this information in an unauthorized manner is
41 strictly prohibited. Sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by
42 any virus transmitted by this e-mail. If you receive this in error, please
43 notify the sender.