From: "Ian P. Christian" <pookey@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:07:33
1 On Thursday 11 August 2005 04:46, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > I'm just doing some testing for setting up a virtual mailhosting
3 > I've read the Gentoo Virt Mail Howto and quite a few others but still
4 > have some questions.
5
6 This is work in progress, I still need to do the more intensive tests on
7 courier, I'll leave these over night (whilst it only takes a few minutes for
8 tests 1-4 to run, the delivering of mail into the mailboxes though exim does
9 take a long time - writing 10,000 files to disk on IDE isn't overly fast :) )
10
11 http://pookey.co.uk/wiki/imap_benchmark
12
13 Hope this is of some help - I might well add other servers to this page at
14 some point - check back in about 24 hours for the full results on courier.
15
16 Feedback welcome.
19 Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk