From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Server goes down twice in two days, looking for input
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:05:31
1 On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, fire-eyes wrote:
2
3 > After a few more minutes, the system was completely unresponsive, save
4 > for SysReq. I Synced, tErmed, Synced again, remounted everything
5 > read-only and forced it to reboot.
6 >
7 > Again I was not able to find any logs indicating any errors at all.
8
9 Im thinking this might be a hardware issue or maybe a heat issue. If a fan
10 is running to slow or has failed completely or maybe a bad RAM stick (we
11 had a server with a bad RAM stick that kept rebooting).
12
13 Throw in a LiveCD and run the memtest.
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list