From: David Miller <david3d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] LVM2 issues
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:49:34
1 I've been running LVM2 now for some time but recently I have not
2 been able to update device-mapper or lvm2 without vgscan failing to
3 find all the pv's. So I'm stuck using lvm2-2.00.25 and device-mapper
4 1.00.19-r2.
5 Now one thing to note is that a few of my pv's were added as the
6 entire device rather than a partition. Could this be throwing a newer
7 version for a loop since it may first be looking for an LVM partition
8 before looking for a vg metadata? Or have I just overlooked something
9 that I need to do in order to migrate my current vg's up to the newer
10 versions?
11
12 Thanks,
13 David