From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Centralized Gentoo (build -> push/pull) to multiple architectures
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:27:45
1 Hello,
2
3 I was wondering if anyone has information on a good method to centrally build
4 and push packages out to machines with Gentoo. I have multiple machines
5 setup under multiple processor types, and up until now I have been executing
6 upgrades on the machines themselves. Since these are production machines, I
7 would like to set up another machine that acts as a compile/install machine.
8
9 This might be compareable to a "gold server", as described at
10 infrastructures.org. I don't suppose I could get around this using distcc?
11
12 Configuration management is another issue. As it is, I have cfengine setup,
13 though it is not setup to work with portage and I can't really see these two
14 coming together nicely. Maybe I could create a patch for dispatch-conf...
15
16 Mind you, I have no idea on where to even start on something like this, so any
17 thoughts, ideas, or information would be helpful.
18
19 Thanks!
20
21 Robert