From: Tomasz Lutelmowski <tomek@×××××.pl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] small tip how to really "emerge world"
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:37:07
1 Hi!
2
3 I prefer your 2 cents solution, thanks !
4
5 Tomek
6
7 On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:57:49 +0200, Andreas Prieß wrote
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > Tomasz Lutelmowski wrote:
11 > > If you want to get list of all possible updates after "emerge --sync",
12 > > # emerge -puDvNt world
13 > > ...might be not enough.
14 >
15 > you might not get all possible updates, depending on your settings
16 > for EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS in make.conf :-)
17 >
18 > I think, if you have a look at the emerge option
19 > --with-bdeps < y | n >
20 > you should be able to get really, really all possible updates with
21 > emerge and without further gimmicks.
22 >
23 > > If it returns "0 packages" to update, try also this
24 > > (it takes very long time to finish, requires app-portage/portage-utils)
25 > >
26 > > # for f in `qlist -IC`; do emerge -puDvNt $f | grep ebuild; done
27 >
28 > There should not be any difference if you use the mentioned option
29 > to emerge.
30 >
31 > Just my 2 cents.
32 >