From: "Jan Dušek" <j.d@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] IBM servers - hardware issues?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:27:25
1 Hi, I'm about to install Gentoo on a x225 IBM server and I was just
2 wondering if there are any problems about the hardware that may occur.
3
4 The configuration is 2,6GB Xeon, some DDR RAM (so far so good), but then
5 there is a U160 HS SCSI with SR5i RAID1 - how is this supported? Also
6 the ethernet is integrated gigabit from IBM (don't know exactly which
7 type) and I need some more ethernet controllers into that 64bit PCI.
8
9 Does anyone has some experience with these things? Especially I'm
10 worried abou that 64bit PCI and those eth.cards (they're not bought yet
11 so any suggestions would be appreciated - right now I'm thinking about
12 some Intel cards).
13
14 Thanks for any suggestions
15