From: gregorcy <gregorcy@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] what is the best filesystem for a server
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:11:01
1 Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > "Tomasz Lutelmowski" <tomek@×××××.pl> said:
3 >> NTFS is the best one but unfortunately not fully supported by linux :/
4 >
5 > last time i checked, NTFS (by default) cant create files named 'aux'
6 > or 'con'... go figure!
7 >
8 > that is the reason why i dislike it (apart from the one you mention).
9 > YMMV. why do you think NTFS is the best?
10 >
11 > kind regards
12 > Thilo
13
14 I would like to know too,
15
16 I have had a bunch of issues with one of our fileservers when it was a NTFS filesystem. Permissions would get screwed
17 up, and random files were undeletable. Moved over to samba on an XFS filesystem and have not had any problems.
18
19 Hopefully this doesn't start a flame war or anything, I would just like to know if I missed something.
20
21 --Brian
22 --
23 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list