From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: Dspam Users, Stand Up Please
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:59:25
1 2005/9/26, Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>:
2 > * On Sep 26 16:24, Ow Mun Heng (gentoo-server@l.g.o) wrote:
3 > > Now, I'm wondering how to properly configure Dspam. Dspam seems to work
4 > > well enough but I"m having trouble with dspam not properly
5 > > tagging/recognising SPAM. SPAMassassin seems to do fine.
6 >
7 > I was really excited about trying DSPAM, but I had the same result as
8 > you - it just couldn't tag spam. I scoured the manuals and mailing
9 > lists, learned all about the configuration system, but DSPAM just
10 > couldn't be anywhere near as accurate as Spamassassin. Spamassassin is a
11 > bit slower to run, but it just simply does a better job. I, too, liked
12 > the CGI interface, but if it's an interface to a failing spam filter,
13 > what's the point?
14
15 As far as I know about DSPAM (anybody correct me if I'm wrong), you
16 must train it in order to begin detecting spam. I have never
17 configured it, but I'm using it, and it provides two special addresses
18 per user: spam-user@××××××××××.com and fp-user@××××××××××.com.
19 Whenever you receive spam not detected by DSPAM you must forward it to
20 the first address. Whenever DSPAM incorrectly tags a mail as SPAM you
21 must forward it to the second address (false positive). The more you
22 train it, the more accurate it gets.
23
24 HTH, best regards
25 Jose