From: Craig Webster <craig@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:02:17
1 On 22 Oct 2005, at 14:55, Dave Strydom wrote:
2 > I actually rather like the apache upgrade, I just upgraded one of
3 > my main webservers now.
4 >
5 > I did a emerge -u apache dev-php/php mod_php
6 >
7 > Moved my vhost files (since i have a serperate .conf file for each
8 > website on the server, makes for easier management), edited the
9 > httpd.conf and restarted apache, and everything works, no downtime
10 > at all.
11
12 Then in just a little while we're moving to dev-lang/php. Joys!
13
14 I've got the new dev-lang/php-4 and dev-lang/php-5 along with www-
15 apache/mod_suphp installed on a new amd64 box and they're going
16 amazingly but the chops and changes are still very frustrating --
17 especially as there currently seems to be no way to get mod_php5!
18
19 Yours,
20 Craig
21 --