From: "Christian L." <zvedzomx@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] authentication in servers
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:10:31
1 Moises Silva wrote:
2
3 >Hi. I got a network of about 15 different hosts. Also, for each
4 >service, different accounts are managed in each server. So keeping a
5 >track of passwords is starting to be a problem. I would like to hear
6 >some suggestions of more experimented users in this situation.
10 You may try LDAP authentication, theres also NIS as alternative, both
11 manage password in a centralised way,but AFAIK NIS doesn't use any kind
12 of encryption at the transport level, LDAP can be configured for using
13 TLS/SSL.
14
15 I found this page which could be useful:
16
17 http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/solutions/ldap-auth1.html
20 Cheers
21
22 Christian
23
24 Skaffa Yahoo! Mail! 6 MB gratis utrymme, antispamfunktion och antivirus.
25 få den på: http://se.mail.yahoo.com
26 --
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list