From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo server security info
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:15:26
1 On 07/13/04 Andy Dustman wrote:
2
3 > Just as a suggestion, with Portage, it might be nice to see something
4 > like: [ US] where S is for Security update. Will emerge --update
5 > automatically do the GLSA check, or is that still an open issue? I
6 > long ago heard one of planned feature was to have --security-only to
7 > minimize updates to only important fixes; is that still the case?
8
9 The plan is to include a "security" target (similar to "system" and
10 "world") including all options (-u, -p, ...), maybe I'll also add
11 support to `emerge` GLSAs directly, not sure about that part yet.
12
13 Marius
18 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
19 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.