From: Gentoo <debiansid@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] new 2006.1/server profile
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:08:36
1 how to install a gentoo "server" more quickly?
2 I tried GUI install, does not work, always die at cannot emerge ssmtp
3
4 On 9/13/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > David CHANIAL wrote:
7 > > I'm happy to discover a server profile on the new gentoo 2006.1.
8 > >
9 > > It seems to not be considered as stable.
10 > >
11 > > as i maintain lot of machines, i'm ready to give you back somes
12 > informations
13 > > or results of tests.
14 > >
15 > > So what do you wait during the test period in order to move it as stable
16 > in
17 > > 2006.2 (for example).
18 >
19 > A lot of people seem to think that the x86/2006.1/server profile is more
20 > than it
21 > actually is. This profile is absolutely no different than the x86/2006.0
22 > and
23 > x86/2006.1/desktop profiles, except for different USE. That's it. The only
24 > difference.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
28 > Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
29 > --
30 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
36 Life is hard