From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Problem installing OpenAFS server
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:45:55
1 Hi!
2
3 Yesterday i had some problems with nfs and therefore tried to install
4 OpenAFS. I'm also very interested in the caching ability, therefore i
5 wanted to try it.
6
7 I used [1] as a reference but i wa not successful. Emerging openafs was
8 no problem, modprobe libafs worked, i got the server running using
9 "bosserver -noauth" and i set the cellname using "bos setcellname
10 <server name> <cell name> -noauth". I used my domainname as cell name
11 and i used a new subdomain as server name, the new subdomain is
12 in /etc/hosts. So everything should work, i think. "bos listhosts" shows
13 me the right cell name, but "bos create kaserver" failed.
14
15 The commands i used, with error message:
16
17 "
18 chris ~ # bosserver -noauth
19 chris ~ # bos setcellname -server afs.stoile.name -name stoile.name
20 -noauth
21 chris ~ # bos listhosts -server afs.stoile.name -noauth
22 Cell name is stoile.name
23 Host 1 is chris
24 chris ~ # bos create afs.stoile.name kaserver
25 simple /usr/libexec/openafs/kaserver -cell stoile.name -noauth
26 bos: could not find entry (can't find cell 'stoile.name' in cell
27 database)
28 chris ~ #
29 "
30