From: "pkoelle@×××××.com" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Mount Samba shares as home
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 01:28:59
1 Alexander Zimmerling schrieb:
2 > Thank you,
3 >
4 > I've added bob = bob.example to the smbusers and username map
5 > = /etc/samba/smbusers to /etc/samba/smb.conf.
6 >
7 > Anything more I have to do?
8 Who knows? My crystal ball is broken. The usual technique is setting
9 "log level" in smb.conf and look why authentication fails. You'll see
10 exactly what kind of username windows sends and if mapping and auth succeed.
11 Another option would be getting rid of the wrong names and joining the
12 linux boxen to the domain (or use {pam,nss}_winbind).
13
14 cheers
15 Paul
16 --