From: David Wuertele <dave-gnus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] linux-2.6.8-gentoo-r3 .config for RAID5, help?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:20:34
1 The problem:
2
3 Kernel starts to boot, then spews garbage on screen, then hangs (I
4 don't even get a kernel oops printout). I've tried several .config
5 permutations, all with the same problem.
6
7 I'm using the new install-x86-2004.2-r1-minimal.iso with a stage1
8 tarball.
9
10 The request:
11
12 Could anyone please send me your *working* .config for
13 linux-2.6.8-gentoo-r3?
14
15 Even if your machine is nothing like mine, perhaps I can find some
16 component of the kernel that you aren't using that causes mine to
17 blow chunks.
18
19 But if you have an ABIT VA-10 motherboard, PLEASE send me your
20 working .config for ANY kernel!
21
22 The machine:
23
24 ABIT VA-10 motherboard
25 VIA KM400 / VT8235 chipset
26 VIA VT6103 10/100Mbps LAN
27 S3 UniChrome 2D/3D Graphics
28
29 AMD Barton 2500+ CPU
30
31 PCI IDE controller (for extra two IDE bus)
32
33 Seven 250GB drives
34
35 The partitioning: