From: david <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ftp server recommendations
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:33:46
1 radu herinean wrote:
2
3 > quoting myself: " pure-ftpd has plenty of other features you might not
4 > need but still find usefull for the feature: virtual users,
5 > authentication against mysql, secure login in various modes, etc, etc" :)
6 >
7 > i guess it comes between these two, you should read more in the forums
8 > and decide for yourself based on YOUR needs.
9 >
10 > i am running pure myself but i have no experience with others, as pure
11 > has served me very well so far.
12 >
13 > good luck
14 >
15 > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bastian Balthazar Bux"
16 > <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
17 > To: <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
18 > Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:43 PM
19 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ftp server recommendations
22 >> Covington, Chris wrote:
23 >>
24 >>> Hi all,
25 >>>
26 >>> I'm looking for a secure, fast FTP server to authenticate against an
27 >>> LDAP backend. I've narrowed it down to these from portage:
28 >>>
29 >>> vsftpd
30 >>> pure-ftpd
31 >>> proftpd
32 >>>
33 >>> Can anyone recommend one over the other?
34 >>>
35 >>
36 >> Quoting www.kernel.org
37 >>
38 >> |May 26, 2004: vsftpd is now serving ftp... We should have done this
39 >> | sooner...
40 >>
41 >> ;)
42 >> --