From: Matthew Baxa <mbaxa@×××××××.edu>
To: Gentoo-server List <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] authomatically renice compilations processes upon system load
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:16:08
1 On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 14:04, Andrea Ferraris wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > it's some time that I'm wandering if there are already some software
5 > or bunch of scripts to adapt the Gentoo compilations to the system load.
6 > It is, is would be a great thing if the compilation of new or updated
7 > packages could be at lower priority when the system load is high and
8 > at a higher priority when the system load is lower.
9 >
10 > I think that could be made with some scripts and the nice command, but
11 > I don't know if something like that already exists.
12 >
13 > Somebody knows?
16 > Best regards,
17 > Andrea Ferraris
18
19 # PORTAGE_NICENESS provides a default increment to emerge's niceness
20 level.
21 # Note: This is an increment. Running emerge in a niced environment
22 will
23 # reduce it further. Default is unset.
24 #PORTAGE_NICENESS=3
27 Matthew Baxa <mbaxa@×××××××.edu>
28 http://massachusetts.dce.ksu.edu/~mbaxa/
29 Applications Services Administrator Staff Assistant
30 K-State University Office of Mediated Education
31 http://www.dce.ksu.edu
32
33 Public key ID: 982330F8
34 Public key available at: www.keyserver.net