From: Mike Myers <mike@××××.us>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mail archive
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:36:58
1 That sounds like exactly what I need. How or where can I find more info
2 on setting that up?
3
4 On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:46:27 -0500, Dave Strydom <strydom.dave@×××××.com>
5 wrote:
6
7 > I dont know if this will help you, but what we do is have an exim server,
8 > running with mailscanner, then we just set the mailscanner to archive all
9 > messages. This way all messages are spam and virus scanned, and archived,
10 > and then only passed onto the qmail/vpopmail server where people fetch
11 > their
12 > mail from.
13 >
14 > The way mailscanner archives the mail is nice, it even sorts them into
15 > folders with the format of YYYMMDD.
16 >
17 > Dave
18 >