From: Zane <knalb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] integrate windows domainb users into linux
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 04:10:13
1 Rene Zbinden wrote:
2 > I want that users from a domain can login to a linux ftp server.
3 > any easy method?
4 >
5 There is no "easy" method. The best method(my opinion, and the one I
6 use) is winbind/smb.
7 > Josh Hunholz wrote:
8 >> On 5/17/06, Rene Zbinden <rene.zbinden@××××××.ch> wrote:
9 >>
10 >>> Hi
11 >>>
12 >>> does anybody now how I modify my gentoo linux system in order users
13 >>> from
14 >>> a windows domain can login. do I have to create a samba server or is
15 >>> there a sort of a client?
18 >> What do you want them to be able to do? If they just need to log in
19 >> and use the shell, they can use Putty to ssh into the box. If you're
20 >> sharing files, then samba is your best bet.
21 >>
22 >> --Josh Hunholz
23 >>
24 >>> any suggestions welcome.