From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] php with mysql support and no mysql
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:11:53
1 On 08/02/06, Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz> wrote:
5 > What would be the best way to compile php with mysql support without
6 > actually installing mysql?
7
8 The short answer is "you can't". This is the nature of the best with a
9 source-based distribution. A reasonable compromise might be to make
10 use of the "minimal" USE flag in the case of mysql:
11
12 echo "dev-db/mysql minimal" >> /etc/portage/package.use
13
14 Then proceed to build dev-lang/php as per usual. That will provide the
15 critical libmysqlclient library and the client-side tools only I
16 believe.
17
18 If that isn't acceptable then I suppose you could touch the
19 libmysqlclient.so file (thus rendering it immune from removal by
20 portage) then remove mysql after the fact. That's most probably the
21 only element that's required. For example:
22
23 # ldd /usr/lib64/apache2/modules/libphp5.so | grep mysql
24 libmysqlclient.so.14 => /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14
25 (0x00002f0dd1be9000)
26 # touch /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14 && emerge -C mysql
27
28 Regards,
29
30 --Kerin