From: Devraj Mukherjee <servers@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Samba PDC/BDC with OpenLDAP
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:03:18
1 Hi Rene,
2
3 Not that I have done this before, but one of my clients require exactly
4 the same thing. They are a winery and are very up with open source
5 technologies. A part of their research actually shows that yes it can be
6 a total replacement.
7
8 I guess as long as your client don't use something too AD specific.
9
10 Devraj
11
12 Rene Zbinden wrote:
13 > Has anyone experience using samba as PDC and BDC with OpenLDAP as backend?
14 > Is it possible to totally go away from Windows Active Directories Servers to
15 > the above solution? What are the Drawbacks?
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list