From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: /proc disk usage
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 21:33:56
1 MIkey wrote:
2 > Ben Munat wrote:
5 >>I've been monitoring the disk usage (using du) of directories in / and
6 >>have noticed that one day /proc will say 0 and the next day it'll say
7 >>several hundred MB. Anyone know why this is? Shouldn't /proc -- being a
8 >>pseudo file system -- always use no disk space?
11 > /proc/kcore perhaps?
12 >
13 Yeah... the number looks about right for that. It's still weird that one day it'll have an
14 amount and the next it'll say 0. But whatever... my curiosity is satisfied. :-)
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 b