From: Ronald Vazquez <r.vazquez@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Help with qmail-mysql
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:05:36
1 Hello:
2
3 I installed qmail-mysql and have been trying to get the thing to delive
4 mail locally. I can delive email to an external server but not
5 locally. I added a new user to the system and I was able to deliver
6 email to that user until I added the database entries for that user.
7 Once there was data in mysql for the new user, delivery to his maildir
8 stopped. I took a chance and wrote Iain Patterson directly but he among
9 other couple of things instructed me to look into the way Gentoo patches
10 the software. The log extract and Iain's reply are below.
13 @4000000043fb982c304f60d4 new msg 215108
14 @4000000043fb982c30518b84 info msg 215108: bytes 310 from
15 <root@××××××××××××.com> qp 29201 uid 0
16 @4000000043fb982c316b8aec starting delivery 108: msg 215108 to local
17 rvazquez@××××××××××××.com
18 @4000000043fb982c316bd13c status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
19 @4000000043fb982c31f55844 delivery 108: failure:
20 qmail-local:_usage:_qmail-local_[_-nN_]_user_homedir_local_dash_ext_domain_sender_aliasempty/
21 @4000000043fb982c31fb7a94 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
22 @4000000043fb982c3451843c bounce msg 215108 qp 29205
23 @4000000043fb982c3453977c end msg 215108
24 @4000000043fb982c34613bac new msg 241987
25 @4000000043fb982c346283cc info msg 241987: bytes 951 from <> qp 29205
27 @4000000043fb982c34682534 query: select username, ext from virtual where
28 (virtual_username='' or virtual_username='root') and
29 virtual_host='ex.mycompany.com' order by virtual_username desc limit 1;
30 @4000000043fb982c3594165c starting delivery 109: msg 241987 to local
31 rvazquez@××××××××××××.com
32 @4000000043fb982c35945cac status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
33 @4000000043fb982c361d3004 delivery 109: failure:
34 qmail-local:_usage:_qmail-local_[_-nN_]_user_homedir_local_dash_ext_domain_sender_aliasempty/
35 @4000000043fb982c3622e4f4 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
36 @4000000043fb982c372ec32c bounce msg 241987 qp 29209
37 @4000000043fb982c3730ce9c end msg 241987
38 @4000000043fb982c373e2c7c new msg 241982
39 @4000000043fb982c373f749c info msg 241982: bytes 1499 from <#@[]> qp
40 29209 uid 206
41 @4000000043fb982c37453544 query: select username, ext from virtual where
42 (virtual_username='' or virtual_username='postmaster') and
43 virtual_host='ex.mycompany.com' order by virtual_username desc limit 1;
44 @4000000043fb982c382c68c4 starting delivery 110: msg 241982 to local
45 rvazquez@××××××××××××.com
46 @4000000043fb982c382c9b8c status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
47 @4000000043fb982c38b572cc delivery 110: failure:
48 qmail-local:_usage:_qmail-local_[_-nN_]_user_homedir_local_dash_ext_domain_sender_aliasempty/
49 @4000000043fb982c38bb4ecc status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
50 @4000000043fb982c38bc509c triple bounce: discarding bounce/241982
51 @4000000043fb982c38bddf0c end msg 241982
54 ************************************************
55
56 Your message to ron is not being delivered. The bounce is going out
57 to the remote system.
58 Note the error from qmail-local. Something's not quite right there.
59
60 You might try running qmail-local from the commandline:
61
62 qmail-local -n ron ~ron ron "" "" ex.mycompany.com root ""
63
64 That should say something. If so you need to investigate why
65 qmail-local was spitting out an
66 error by tracing it, replacing it with a debugging script or something.
67
68 Did qmail ever work without MySQL? I don't really know how gentoo
69 arranges the patching.
72 ************************************************
73 Tried the following:
74 qmail-local -n ron ~ron ron "" "" ex.mycompany.com root ""
75 query: select alias_username, alias_host from alias where username='ron'
76 and alias='';
77 forward rvazquez@××××××××××××.com
78 did 0+1+0
79
80 Yes, qmail works if I add a new user to the system whose data is not yet
81 in mysql.
84 Thanks in advance,
85 Ronald Vazquez
88 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list