From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Gentoo VServer
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:44:37
1 Hi hi,
2
3 Does anyone know anything about the Gentoo Vserver project? Im curious if
4 it's anything like UML (UserMode Linux), or a gentoo-ized branch of UML.
5
6 I am currently running UML in a production environment, and at times it's a
7 bit shady as there are quite a few querks that I have to deal with (I would
8 not recommend it for production). I would love to find a more reliable
9 solution that might accomplish some of my original goals.
10
11 I have found documentation on it, but it doesn't really go into much about
12 _what_ it is:
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/vserver-howto.xml
14
15 The tools that get emerged seem to do a lot of the work. I can't tell if it
16 runs it's own kernel, or if it has it's own system call implementation in any
17 way.
18
19 If anyone has any further information, it would be appreciated.
20
21 Kind regards,
22
23 Robert