From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] what is the best filesystem for a server
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:18:50
1 On Sat, 24 May 2008, Michelangelo wrote:
2
3 > Besides, RAID 5 is not always a good choice: I got 2 adaptec and 3ware cards
4 > that got them bioses/nvram messed up thanks to power spikes during the big
5 > italian blackout back in 2003. And yes, they were behind online APC ups
6
7 We use RAID 1 but generally our servers are located in a data center. We
8 survived the big New York blackout a few years back plus several other
9 power problems in the datacenter. Our 3Ware and Adaptec RAID cards were
10 unaffected by any of these outages.
15 A
16 --
17 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list