From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: [gentoo-user] samba + mysql + crypt password (pam or passdb)?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:49:19
1 I did specified these lines at smb.conf:
2 encrypt passwords = no
3 obey pam restrictions = yes
4 pam password change = yes
5
6 and commented the line of passdb:
7 #passdb backend = mysql:teste
8
9 well, how I've said, if I do that setup and try to login samba try to
10 use guest account instead of authenticate me:
11 Attempting to find an passdb backend to match guest (guest)
12 [2005/06/21 16:07:35, 5] passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_methods_name(669)
13 Found pdb backend guest
14 [2005/06/21 16:07:35, 5] passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_methods_name(672)
15 pdb backend guest has a valid init
16
17 since there's not a value to pass to "passdb backend" telling that I'm
18 using pam I don't know how to put pam to work.
19 I've tried "passdb backend = smbpasswd" but in this case samba try to
20 validate users into smbpasswd file which is not what I want.
21
22 Hope somebody could help me,
23
24 Claudinei Matos